Textbooks are organized alphabetically by author both on your on-line booklist and physically in our stores.
Why should I pre-order textbooks now?
Pre-ordering textbooks for pickup provides you with an easy in-store pickup option, gives you access to rental and used books on a first-come, first-serve basis, and ensures that you get the right books on time.
Orders not claimed by the first day of classes, and will incur a $25 non-refundable restocking fee.
How do I access my booklist?
Login to your UAccess account using your UA NetID and password. Select your current term and click on "Proceed to the BookStore" below your class schedule.
How do I navigate my booklist?
The required textbooks on your booklist are organized in alphabetical order by author. Click the "View this course only" link to narrow your booklist to materials for that specific class. You can also click "Search by Courses" in order to view books for individual classes, as explained in the next question.
How do I search by course in my booklist?
To search by individual course, click "Search by Courses." If you have multiple classes in your course list, click "Remove" next to each class that you do NOT want to view in order to narrow your search. Then, click "Get Course Materials" to view textbooks for the individual course.
If you would like to add a class that is not already on your booklist, select the specific term (a), department (b), and course number (c) from the dropdown menus, and then click "Add Course" (d). Note that your booklist will remain in alphabetical order by author if you select more than one course at the same time.
If your department or class number is missing, note that you likely need to search one of the other UA BookStores locations at the bottom of the page.
How do I return to my complete booklist?
Click the "Class Schedule" link at the top of the page. This will take you back to your class schedule within the UAccess Student Center. Simply click "Proceed to the Bookstore" again in order to return to your alphabetically organized booklist.
How do I order books?
Use the price comparison tool to check vendor prices in addition to the UA BookStores prices, and select the best textbook options for your needs.
Can I use my Bursar account to purchase textbooks?
Bursar accounts open dates
Bursar FAQ »
Winter Session 2016: December 5th-December 23rd, 2016 with a $250 limit
Spring 2017: January 4th-April 10th, 2017 with a $1,000 limit
What option do I select if I want to do in-store pick-up for my textbooks?
In order to pick up your books in-store, please select "FALL TEXTBOOK PRE-ORDERING" Please note that this shipment type will still require a shipping address. This is necessary in case you are unable to pick up your order. Orders not claimed by the first day of classes will be re-shelved, and will incur a $25 non-refundable restocking fee.
Due to the short Summer sessions, in-store pick-up or backorder service is not available.
Why does it ask for a shipping address if I want to pick up at the store?
In order to better serve our customers, we keep an address on file in case you are unable to pick up your order. This way, we are able to ship your order to you.
When will my order ship?
- Winter 2016 Online Ordering
- Available ONLY for shipping.
- Shipping occurs Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
- Orders will be shipped within 24-48 hours.
- Standard shipping times apply.
- Winter Session textbook refund deadline is December 20th, 2016.
- Spring 2017 Online Ordering
- Pre-ordering deadline is midnight, Monday, January 9th, 2017 for pick in-store January 11th-13th, 2017.
- Wait to order until January 2nd, 2017 to use your Bursar Account.
- Orders will be processed beginning January 5th, 2017.
- Once in-store pick-up begins on January 5th, 2017 orders are processed within 24 hours.
- Orders will only be released to you with your CatCard.
- Bring your order number to expedite pickup.
- Orders not claimed by Thursday, January 12th at closing will be re-shelved, and will incur a $25 non-refundable restocking fee.
What about textbook rentals?
- RENTING OPTIONS
- Rent off-the-shelf*. When you're in the store, look for the rental price on the shelf tag for an opportunity to save money by renting that title.
- Rent through UAccess. Look for the "rental" option when you're comparing prices in your Booklist.
- RENTAL RETURNS
- Spring 2017–May 12th, 2017
- Rental Policy view here »
- Check textbooks you have rented »
How to activate my eBook?
What about textbook refunds?
- REFUND DEADLINES:
- Winter 2016–December 20th, 2016
- Spring 2017–Janaury 24th, 2017
- Please visit our complete refund policy here »
What is this pending charge I see on my credit card account?
In order to ensure that you don’t exceed your limit, your financial institution requires all vendors to notify them of an impending purchase. This is an automated process that occurs at the time that you finalize your checkout. Your account will not be charged until we process your order. Please note that the final cost of your order may be different due to product availability.